- our cafe serves affordable vegetarian food made from organic, seasonal, locally grown and/or fairly traded ingredients
- we develop and support local projects focusing on conserving resources and helping people live more sustainably
- we provide affordable space for local groups to meet
- Food Waste Film Night! Tomorrow! November 25, 2015 Come to Food Waste Film Night!
Find out about food waste projects locally, have a tasty free-food curry or crumble, get ideas from others and watch a film. You can also help out with cooking from 4pm, or set up/clear up. See you there!
- “What’s On” green events listing for Waltham Forest in November 2015 November 7, 2015
Events at Hornbeam
New Lammas Lands Defence Committee • Thursday 8th • 8pm – 10pm
We meet on the second Thursday of each month. Our aim is to defend the former Lammas Lands of Leyton and Walthamstow Marshes, so that they remain public open space in perpetuity. www.lammaslands.org.uk
Life Classes • Sunday 8th and 22nd • 3pm ...
- Pumpkin Rescue! Pop-Up Supper, Saturday 31st October October 21, 2015 Fork to Fork this month is teaming up with #PumpkinRescue – a nationwide festival aiming to eradicate the 18,000 tonnes of waste pumpkin from Halloween…
Saturday October 31st 7.30pm. Pumpkin Pop-Up – A three course meal full of taste and ideas! Book Online
At Halloween, 2 in 5 of us will buy a pumpkin, carve and discard. ...
- Food For Change Film Night: Jakarta Calls October 21, 2015 This month: Jakarta Call and talk on Nicaraguan small producers with Janie Boyd
Thursday 29th October, Hornbeam Cafe, doors open at 6:30pm
This month, to keep momentum up after UK Food Sovereignty Gathering we are showing the Jakarta Call: La Vía Campesina. This documentary is an introduction to the international peasant movement with over 200 million members ...
Community cafe, event space and environment centre // 458 Hoe Street, Walthamstow, E17 9AH // 020 8558 6880